samedi 28 avril 2012

How to Make Money Online

It's been a while since I mentioned anything about making money online and that's simply because I don't want to compete with those people who are targeting that phrase. Nevertheless, I keep answering email from people looking to break into the business of making money online and particularly, making money online in the Philippines. A failed email reply (a bad Yahoo email address, I suppose) prompted me to write this for that individual and if he gleans anything from it, then you may glean something from it also.
Blog Writing for Almost Passive Income
It really doesn't matter where you write your text online; the key is to write in a way that can make you money with the least amount of effort. Blogs seem to be the perfect platforms for this purpose. People are constantly searching for information and blogs are popular information sources. Other than the writing part itself, it can be very close to passive income, but that part depends on other factors like how much you write, how often, etc.
Since cheap web hosting isn't really available to people living in the Philippines, they either have to buckle down and pay more than they can afford and hope to recoup their costs or use free website solutions. This is where Blogger comes into the picture. It's a blogging service owned and operated by Google, so you know it's going to be around as long as Google maintains it. Since Blogger makes a lot of money for Google, I don't believe it's going to disappear anytime soon.
There's nothing wrong with using Blogger, even though I prefer to host my own websites. Grizzly of "How to Make Money Online for Beginners" uses it a lot because he finds it easier to work with than other blogging platforms. In fact, the person I'm passing this information to came to my blog from there. It's only fitting that I should steal some of Grizzly's ideas and publish them here.
Steps to being Successful and Making Money Online
I'm going to give you some basic steps in how to make money online with a blog, but you can do it with other website platforms too. You just have to know how to use some creativity. Here are the basic steps with some of my own personal preferences included:

    
* Find a keyword, or keyword phrase, that pays well and doesn't have too much competition. There's a free ebook at "The Keyword Academy" that explains it better than I can.
    
* You must use your keyword in your URL. If you're using Blogger, it's the first part of the URL. If your blog is going to be about oil filters, then it should be oilfilters.blogspot.com. If the keyword is taken, you have to be a bit more creative, like goodoilfilters or something along those lines.
    
* You must either use your keyword in all of your post titles, or you must use keywords related to your primary keyword.
    
* You must use your keyword and related keywords in your post content.
    
* If you're using photos, then your keywords should be in the alt tags.
    
* You must use text for the bulk of your content. Steer away from photos, videos, etc. unless you have 150 words or more of text content. The search engines can't index search terms for anything but text.
    
* Do not put any form of advertising on your blog until you have a steady and consistent amount of search visitors. I like to use 100 as my base.
There are other things you need to do, such as link building, but I have already pointed you to the links that will help you with that and I don't want to repeat the information here.
Making Money Online as a Career
It's no secret that people don't make a lot of money in this country and that the cost of living is much lower than that of the US. It stands to reason that what you write about should target people in the countries that make more money because their advertising costs more than local advertising - dollars versus cents - with the US leading the pack.
I'm retired and I rely on a monthly pension to take care of my basic budgeting. When I make money online, it's extra income for me that I can use for things like building my dirty kitchen and things of that nature.
The sad truth is that my online income is more than most Filipinos make with a full-time job, if they can even find a job. If you're a Filipino and reading this, you need to understand what I'm about to tell you:
It doesn't matter how you get online, just get online on a regular basis (daily if possible) and work on writing blogs in the English language. If it takes two or more of you to form something coherent, then so be it. Target the people that live in the US. This country is more like the US than you can imagine and being here for almost four years, I can say that with some authority.
If you put real effort into writing good, quality content and pay attention to building your websites with information from people who are already successful at it, you can't fail. You're more than welcome to take the ideas that I've presented all over this blog and use them for your own purposes (as long as you don't plagiarize everything).
There are two tools I recommend:
Google AdWords Keyword Tool and Google Insights for Search. If you learn to use these tools, targeted at the United States, you will be on your way to being successful.
Give yourself a year to be successful even though it could take less time. It's easy to become jaded and give up if you expect too much too soon. Millions of people start blogs every month and millions quit. Don't become one of those statistics. Be one of the exceptions.You may also like:

    
* My Conflict: Making Money Online while Ministering Online
    
* Make Money Online - Building an Authority Website with WordPress Part 2
    
* I No Longer Have an Online Business
    
* How to Survive without Credit Cards
    
* How to Write a 10,000 Word Post on Oil Filters

1 commentaires:

Blogger a dit…

Bluehost is definitely one of the best hosting provider for any hosting plans you need.

Enregistrer un commentaire